This AUP governs the use of CanWeb Services’ web hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and CanWeb Services Inc. regarding the interpretation of this AUP, CanWeb Services’ interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern.
The following is the entire Acceptable User Policy (‘AUP’) agreement between CanWeb Services Inc. and the personal or corporate account holder. CanWeb Services Inc. provides World Wide Web Hosting, web design and script installation. CanWeb Services Inc. has certain legal and ethical responsibilities consisting with the use of its servers and equipment involved in these services. CanWeb Services’ general policy is to act as a provider of Internet presence. CanWeb Services Inc. reserves the rights to suspend or cancel a customer’s access to any or all services provided by CanWeb Services Inc. when we decide that the account has been inappropriately used.
What is Appropriate Usage?
CanWeb Services Inc. is designed to serve the web hosting needs of small, independently owned and operated businesses in a single country. It is not appropriate to use our services to support large enterprises or internationally based businesses with a sustained demand that places undue burden on our systems or negatively impacts use by small, independently owned and operated businesses.
CanWeb Services Inc. is a shared web hosting service, which means that a number of customers’ web sites and other email or storage services are hosted from the same server. CanWeb Services Inc. uses abuse controls to help ensure that use of our services does not adversely affect the performance of our system or other customers’ sites. It is not appropriate to use an account primarily as an online storage space or for archiving electronic files.
If you use your services consistently with the terms of Service and these paragraphs, your site can grow as large as necessary to meet your small business needs, but to ensure a great experience for all, we will place some constraints on how fast you can grow. The vast majority of our customers’ sites grow at rates well within our rules, but our abuse controls may cause a brief delay while we evaluate if expansion is appropriate for your particular plan.
CanWeb Services Inc. Customers may not initiate the following (below), if any customer does CanWeb Services Inc. may terminate the account with no refund. Depending on the situation there will/won’t be warnings sent.
- Use 25% or more of system CPU resources for longer than 90 seconds or 1% of the servers CPU resources for longer than 5 minutes. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
- Use of any kind of distributed computing software, including but not limited to SETI@home, Node Zero and Folding@home.
- Run any type of interactive real-time chat applications that require server resources. Remotely-hosted services are fully allowed.
- Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons.
- Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- Run any file sharing, bit torrent or other P2P network services, client or server software.
- Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield 1492 etc